Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Say "No" to Soap on a Rope

"Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap on a rope." - Bill Cosby

Father’s Day is Sunday, June 21st. In true procrastinator fashion, I have yet to buy or make a gift for the fathers in my life. My step father and father-in-law will get store bought cards and gifts. My husband, and wonderful father to our son, will get a store bought card and gift from me, and a handmade gift from our son (made with Mommy’s help).

To get inspired I searched Flickr and Google images for Father’s Day craft ideas and tutorials…

The dad that doesn’t like to clutter up his desk with photos might like these photo magnets that he can stick on his filing cabinet. Kendra, of My Insanity, features several clever tie inspired crafts on her blog. Not only will Dad will love this great gift idea found on the Brassy Apple blog, but the kids will get a spelling lesson in the process of making it. Martha Stewart has a whole slew of wonderful (and oh so tasteful) gift ideas on her site. Does Daddy wear shirts with French cuffs? Check out the homemade cufflinks featured here. Lastly, for the dad who loves all things sweet, and for the mom who has lots of time to bake, Bakerella has cooked up a delightful Father's Day treat.

I think my son and I will make a special memory game that he and his dad can play together. Instead of using patterned paper like the creative chicks, I’ll use photos of father and son spending time together. I promise to post the finished product later this week.

Are you cooking up a great gift for Father's Day? Do tell...and do share pictures.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails