Friday, December 16, 2011

I want a pony for Christmas

Where did the week go? I am totally caught up in the holiday rush. I have a million things to get done by next weekend. I spent most of my free time this week working on finishing up a special project for my daughter. If you have been reading my blog for the last couple of weeks you know that many of the gifts my kids are receiving for Christmas are handmade or are spruced up (or just really cool) thrift store finds. The gift I worked on this week is really special. It started out as this.


An un finished, solid wood, sweet little rocking horse. After priming and lots of painting she has been transformed to this. I know Beatrice is going to love her! I still need to give her a clear coat of poly, but I couldn't wait to share.




How will this thrifty find impact the charitable giving bottom line? I bought this little pony for $6. Anything close from a store costs $75-$250! That's a whole lot more money to give away this holiday.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Great job Amanda, Bea is going to love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails